21.4.07

Hey hey friends, a few bits'f news.

First of all, I got back from the Coca-Cola thing in Georgia, which was incredible. One of the most enjoyable experiences of my life.

Back here in Indiana, have been sick for a week but think I'm finally getting over it. Set a FIRM deadline for when The Quirk would be done, May 1st, which gives us a month to print/mail them. Expect it in your mailbox mid-June. Order whatever you want now, so we know how many to print.

I just got a letter yesterday from Christopher Robin over at Zen Baby saying he'd like to use three of my poems, "The Joke's On Him", "Answering Machine, or, The Delicate Art of Winning Back An Ex-Girlfriend Over the Phone When She Refuses to Pick Up", and "Like A Trip To The Dentist", in the next three issues of Zen Baby. Sweet. I love the layout of that zine, total sensory overload... it's definitely his own.

Heard back from Kat at remark., she's taking three poems as well, 'Mistake', 'Heredity', and 'When I First Heard That She'd Hidden Away In A Bathroom And Tried To Kill Herself' for the next issue of remark. Wahoo!

Also just got my contributor's copy of Poesy, which features my poem 'Graffiti'. Also has a hilarious interview with G. Tod Slone, where he proves, yet again, to be the biggest douche in the small press.

Right on soldiers. Take't easy!

3 comments:

christopher cunningham said...

and congrats as well on the NYQ ACCEPT!

kav said...

Thanks much buhDEE! You too!

Ian Thal said...

Poesy is great. I had some of my very first poetry acceptances there.

I've been dealing with G. Tod Slone myself, but to a point where I have had to make a stated policy of never responding to him except in a public forum because he likes misquoting his "enemies."